Louie the lancer needs your help!
The Immanuel Athletic Boosters (IAB) was formed over 10 years ago as means to engage friends and supporters of Immanuel High School in various effort to enhance Immanuel High School athletics. For nearly all of those years, IAB has organized a service group to work the annual Country Jam event in Eau Claire, earning on average about $4000/year for those efforts. The results of those earning efforts have allowed IAB to provide the following items to ILHS.
- Glass backboards for all the practice baskets in the gymnasium, new scoreboard system for the gymnasium, automated basketball shooting machine
- Material and labor for dugouts on the baseball field, chain link fencing for both the softball and baseball field, new electric service to the lower athletic field that will be able to power a future well pump, electricity to storage sheds, concession stand, and any other electrical demand
- Stage protection and wall mats in the gymnasium, IED in the gymnasium
- Baseball/softball field infield grooming machine, and numerous other smaller items.
Our next big project is the drilling of a well, installation of a well pump, and irrigation system for both the softball and baseball fields. As fees continue to rise to use public baseball fields in Eau Claire, the irrigation system would allow ILHS fields to be used for all home games at a considerable cost savings to ILHS.
So…what does this have to do with you?
IAB is always looking to expand its list of volunteers as opportunities are found to expand our ability to earn funds for ILHS. Last year, the owner of Country Jam started the Blue Ox Bluegrass Music Festival in Eau Claire, and engaged IAB for a number of paid services. This year the Blue Ox is again offering IAB first chance at a number of paid service positions. Our earning potential for the 2-1/2 day event would be over $2000…if we can staff it.
The days and hours for the Blue Ox event are:
- Thursday, June 9, 4:30 pm – 11:30 pm
- Friday, June 10, 10:30 am – 11:30 pm
- Saturday, June 11, 10:30 am – 11:30 pm
We are breaking the Friday and Saturday into a 1st shift between 10:30 am and 5:30 pm, and a 2nd shift from 5:30 pm to 11:30 pm. You can work one shift, both shifts, one day, or every day. Every little bit helps!
The Blue Ox is a very low key event with total ticket sales estimates at 4500, compared to Country Jam which may have 25,000-30,000 per day. The service work we provide can be done by almost anyone and always with other IAB partners.
Folks who have participated in these past IAB efforts have found them to be extremely enjoyable, entertaining, and rewarding. A fun time is had by all!!!
If you are interested to find out more about the IAB and its work efforts at Blue Ox, you can contact me, Tom Beekman via the following means.
Louie the Lancer Thanks you!!